Amended FY 2019 Budget passes House
This week the House passed the AFY 19 Budget including:
- 55% of all new revenue dedicated to K-12 education.
- $69 million providing school safety grants for every public school in the state.
- $8.4 million for mental health services in high schools.
Bills introduced this week.
I introduced several bills this week you may find of interest.
- HB 182 Lowers the threshold for collection of online sales taxes further leveling the playing field for our brick and mortar retailers. Adopts the U.S. Supreme Court decision in the “Wayfair” case.
- HB 183 Preserves your right to appeal your property tax assessment. Some counties took the position that if you didn’t respond to your Notice of Assessment you gave up your right to appeal the final assessment. Not on my watch!
- HB 184 The Streaming Wireless Facilities Act will support deployment of next generation 5G wireless services. The FCC adopted rules and regulations more restrictive than HB 533 that I introduced last year, bringing all parties to the table to reach this compromise agreement. I am sincerely appreciative of that effort.
- HR 162 recognizing the Atlanta United Football Club as the 2018 MLS Cup Champions!
Let me hear from you
It has been my great pleasure to serve as your state Representative. Please contact me and share your thoughts and concerns.
My office address in Atlanta
133 State Capitol Atlanta, Georgia 30334