Breaking: Adult and 4 children displaced by Monroe house fire Monday evening

The City of Monroe Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at 1308 S Madison Ave just before 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 21, 2019, according to officials with MFD.
“The fire was quickly extinguished by Monroe and Walton Fire assistance was canceled,” said MFD Batallion Chief Jack Armstrong. “The fire displaced one adult and 4 children under the age of 10. Red Cross and 1800boardup will assist the family. Damage was contained to the kitchen area.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply