Officials report that Walton County Fire Rescue, along with Monroe Fire Department, responded to a barn fire at 2630 Clarence Odum Road, in the Campton community at about 6:40 a.m. this morning, Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019.
“The barn was a total loss. The fire is thought to have been started by a heat lamp left on in the building. Firefighters are still on the scene, traffic will be affected for the next hour or so,” WCFR Batallion Chief Craig League said at about 8 a.m. this morning.
League said the fire was fully involved at the time firefighters arrived on the scene.