Breaking: Early morning house fire in Monroe displaces two and sends one person to the hospital

Photo credit: Monroe Fire Department

Crews from Monroe Fire Department with aid from Walton County Fire Rescue were dispatched to a working fire at the corner of Davis and Magnolia streets in Monroe on Thursday morning. Battalion Chief Jack Armstrong with MFD said there were no critical injuries as a result of the fire, but one person did have to be transported to the hospital.

“Two adults displaced with one transported with smoke inhalation. Crews are still on location and the fire is under control at this time,” Armstrong said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply