Breaking: Fire in Monroe displaces a family of four

Post Advertisement

Officials with Walton County Fire Rescue confirm that they assisted in a house fire in Monroe Wednesday morning that displaced a family of four. The fire was at 420 Bridgeport Place in the city of Monroe. Monroe Fire Department was the lead agency with WCFR crews assisting. Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Bill Owens said the fire started in the kitchen.

Kitchen fire on March 29, 2017 at 420 Bridgeport Place in Monroe. Photo credit: Monroe Fire Department

“A lot of damage to the kitchen and heavy smoke damage throughout the home. Fire has displaced a family of 4. 2 adults, 2 children,” said WCFR Battalion Chief Craig League.”

Red Cross was called in to assist the family.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply