Breaking: One person displaced after house fire east of Monroe

Walton County Fire Rescue and Monroe Fire responded to a house fire at 1040 James Huff Road just east of Monroe at 12:29 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 9, 2019.
“Upon arrival fire crews found a working fire in the attic. The crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire,” said WCFR Assistant Fire Chief Craig League. “The fire started as a chimney fire and spread to the attic.”
League said the fire displaced the sole occupant of the house. Red Cross is assisting the homeowner.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply