At 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 6, Walton County is reporting a total of five deaths with 143 cases of COVID-19. That is four more reported since yesterday. A total of 22 people from Walton County are reported as hospitalized with COVID-19. No additional deaths are reported in the past 24 hours. Park Place nursing home, however, if reporting a second death and four more cases of COVID-19.
The Georgia Department of Public Health has a new way of report data with updates given in realtime. COVID-19 information in this report is a snapshot of the situation at this time.
- Cases – 143
- Cases per 100,000 – 149:25
- Total deaths – 5
- Hospitalized – 22
On May 5, 2020, Walton County’s long-term care facilities reported Park Place Nursing Home had 20 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in residents as well as one case in staff and one death. The Pearl at Loganville Memory Care building at the Retreat in Loganville reported another death today, bringing the total to four.
- Park Place, Monroe – 24 confirmed resident cases, one confirmed staff case, two death
- The Retreat at Loganville Pearl Memory Care Building – 11 confirmed resident cases, four deaths
- The Retreat at Loganville: one confirmed resident case, no staff cases, no deaths
- Cases – 2,222 – that’s 120 new cases reported in the past 24 hours
- Cases per 100,000 – 228.80
- Total deaths – 81 – that’s 4 new cases reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalized – 403 – that’s 9 new hospitalizations reported in the past 24 hours
- Confirmed cases – 30,738 – 833 more cases reported in the past 24 hours
- ICU admissions – 1.352 – 30 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalizations – 5,795 – 137 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Total deaths – 1,327 *
- Total tests reported for Georgia right now at 204,137 – That is 3,323 tests reported in the past 24 hours
*This is 32 more COVID-19 deaths reported in the last 24 hours. Click or tap on this link for a realtime update of these statistics.