Early morning fire causes extensive damage to Loganville area home

Post Advertisement

Spent fireworks in a trash can possibly the cause of the fire

Gwinnett County firefighters were called out at 2:45 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2019 to a house fire in the 1600 block of Glen Circle, SW in unincorporated Loganville.

House fire in Loganville area in early morning hours of Jan. 1, 2019 possibly caused by spent fireworks. Photo credit: Gwinnett County Fire Rescue

“The caller to 911 reported a fire in the attic and everyone getting out of the house. Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames burning up the exterior wall and in the attic on the left side of the two-story house on a slab,” said Capt. Tommy Rutledge, public information officer for Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services. “The occupants were awakened by the smoke alarm and discovered the house filling with smoke on the main level. A fire investigator responded to the scene and determined that the fire started on the outside of the home and spread up the exterior wall and got into the attic.  Flames broke through part of the roof on the back of the house.”

Rutledge said the fire appears accidental and started in a trash can against the side of the house that contained spent fireworks. The blaze caused extensive damage.

A total of five adults were home at the time and all escaped unharmed. The Red Cross was contacted to assist the displaced occupants. There were no injuries reported.

 

 

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply