On Saturday April 14th, LCA will be hosting a free football clinic with former NFL football players. Led by former NFL players, LCA’s Athletic Director and former Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andre King, the camp is open to any student-athlete in Walton or the surrounding counties currently in 6th through 11th grade, including local teams. There is no costs for this camp which will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the LCA football field located at 2575 Highway 81 in Loganville. Lunch will be provided. Registration for the camp closes Friday, April 6.
“As former pro athletes, our aim in offering this camp is to leverage our love for the game as well as our experience and skill-set to help student-athletes in the community become better at their specific positions while also learning what it means to be a better teammate and ultimately a better leader both on and off the field,” King said.
The coaching roster for the “Day with the Pros” brings with it more than 30 years of NFL experience. Besides King, who played four years with the Cleveland Browns, the roster also includes:
- Jon Stinchcomb played seven years with the New Orleans Saints, was named the NFL’s Man of the Year in 2008 and won a Super Bowl in 2009.
- Andre Young was drafted by the Bengals after a stellar career at Bowling Green University.
- Kevin Bentley was drafted in the fourth round of the 2002 draft by the Browns and played 11 years in the league with the Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Colts.
- Felipe Claybrooks played three years then went on to play in the Arena Football League with the Philadelphia Soul.
- James West spent 12 seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football league where he won two Grey Cups. Also in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame.
- Nate Hybl, who played college ball at Oklahoma and was named the 2003 Rose Bowl MVP, played for the Browns and the Jaguars.
For more information and to register for the Pro Day @ LCA visit the webpage at