Halloween is coming up, and the Gwinnett County Department of Fire and Emergency Services, Safe Kids Gwinnett, and the Gwinnett County Police Department want to remind you to be safe. Here are a few tips to use on Halloween night:
Top safety tips for parents:
- Look left, right, and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross. Walk across the street, don’t run.
- Walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Slow down and stay alert—watch out for cars that are turning or backing up and never dart out into the street or cross in between parked cars.
Top safety tips for drivers:
- Drive slowly in residential neighborhoods, especially between 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Be especially alert and take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians, and on curbs.
- Reduce any distractions inside your car, such as talking on the phone or eating, so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
For more safety tips, click here