The Gwinnett County Police Department is hosting a hiring event at the Gwinnett County Police Training Center, 854 Winder Highway in Lawrenceville from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 5 and Sunday Aug. 6. Athletic attire is recommended and applicants will have an opportunity to attend an orientation session, complete the physical fitness assessment and get information. Oral interview boards will be conducted during the event. Click or tap on this link for more information.
To register, you are asked to submit an application. This job requires a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Gwinnett County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
$36,074, with possible incentives up to
$37,156 (includes 3% pay incentive for an Associate’s degree)
$38,238 (includes 6% pay incentive for a Bachelor’s degree)
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D.;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for Georgia P.O.S.T. certification;
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License;
- Must be 21 years of age, 20 years old at time of application;
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation including criminal, controlled substance, credit, driving, work history, and physical agility testing.
For information related to the position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills, and Physical requirements, click or tap here. For more information about the Police hiring process and standards, click or tap here here.