Between 2 am and 4 am the morning of Tuesday, January 14th, there were 26 vehicles broken into in the parking lots of multiple hotels and apartment complexes within the unincorporated Lawrenceville area. The suspects arrived to the locations in a black SUV, possibly identified as a Jeep Cherokee. The vehicle appeared to have blacked out rims and a long sticker on the top portion of the rear window. Witnesses and surveillance footage observed the suspects to be three black males with the following appearance.
- Suspect #1: B/M, black jacket
- Suspect #2: B/M, bulky black jacket and white tennis shoes
- Suspect #3: B/M, black hoodie and red tennis shoes
The suspects made entry into the vehicles by smashing a window. The most common item stolen were wallets.
The incident locations are listed below:
- Hearthside Sugarloaf Apartments – 5600 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Hampton Inn – 1135 Lakes Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Comfort Inn and Suites – 2225 Riverside Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Herrington Mill Apartments – 1564 Herrington Road, Lawrenceville
- Country Inn and Suites – 989 Duluth Highway, Lawrenceville
- Hampton Inn – 6010 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Homewood Suites – 1775 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville
Please remember to remove valuable items such as purses, wallets, electronics and weapons from vehicles, especially when parked outside overnight. Having nothing visible may help deter the vehicle from being broken into.
If anyone has any information to share in this case, please contact GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters should contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.stopcrimeATL.com. Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive a cash reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case. Case Number: 20-004032, 20-004143, 20-004047, 20-004070, 20-004072, 20-004075, and 20-004178.