LIHEAP Funds will be available until Wednesday, May 31, 2017 through local Non-profit for FY 2016/2017 Energy Season to residents of DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton.
Decatur, Georgia——The Partnership for Community Action, Inc. (PCA) would like to inform eligible clients who live in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton Counties of available funds from the Georgia Department of Human Services to provide assistance with heating bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). A portion of the funds are from the Public Service Commission and H.E.A.T. Those that are eligible will be able to apply for this one time heating assistance payment of either $310 or $350 to help with the high cost of heating bills. Eligible clients may only receive a one-time payment per program year.
Appointments are already available to all low-income households in our service area.
PCA’s LIHEAP Program has added the convenience of scheduling Energy Assistance appointments online at www.pcaction.org or by calling our customer service number at (404) 537 – 4300. Due to high call volumes, we strongly encourage clients to use the online scheduler via our website in the place of calling, or walking in to expedite wait times.
Please note that Walk-ins are accepted Monday – Friday beginning 8am beginning on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at our Covington Hwy, Rockdale, and Gwinnett location while funds are available. We can only take a limited number of walk-ins, clients will be seen on a first come, first serve basis.
All potential clients that heat their homes with natural gas, electricity, propane, wood, kerosene, or coal, and meet the income guidelines of 60% of the median household income for Georgia, and are able to provide the following information may apply:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment. All household members with no income must be present during the appointment time to complete this form.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
o Tax returns are not an acceptable document
- A Secure and Verifiable document is needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.
Bringing copies of these documents, along with the originals, will expedite wait time at application intake.
Our Customer Services phone line 404.537.4300 are open, beginning at
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm, for general questions.
For safety and health reasons, we ask that clients do not form a line outside our service locations before normal business hours.