The City of Loganville Police Department reported the following incidents for the period Jan,. 10 – 17, 2019. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction
Jan. 10, 2019
- Winston Robarts, 59, of Atlanta, was arrested and charged with forgery in the 3rd degree after he allegedly attempted to cash a fraudulent check in the amount of $3,800 drawn against Chancey’s Wrecker Service at Legacy State Bank in Loganville. The cashier called Chancey’s to verify the check and was told it was fraudulent. She subsequently called the police and Robarts was subsequently questioned. He allegedly told police that a white male picked him up in Atlanta and told him he would be paid $200 if he cashed it. He allegedly admitted it was not the first time he had done this. He also had warrants out of Cobb County for forgery in the 3rd degree. He was booked at Loganville Police Department and transported to Gwinnett County Detention Center.
- A 56-year-old Loganville woman was charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting after she was allegedly observed failing to scan all items at the self-checkout. She said it was a mistake and she intended to pay. The amount of $83 was unpaid. She was booked and released on a copy of her citation.
Jan. 11, 2019
- A 23-year-old Lawrenceville man was arrested and charged with Driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding in excess of maximum limits and tag lights required after he was allegedly clocked driving at 71 mph in a 35 mph speed zone. When he was stopped, he allegedly stopped in the middle of the travel lane and when alerted over the police PA to pull over, he drove over the curb with a short drop into the parking lot. He initially handed over a credit card instead of his license and allegedly admitted to drinking “a few” with friends at a bar. He allegedly failed the field sobriety test and register a BAC of.120. He was taken to LPD for a breath test where he allegedly recorded a BrAc of .152. He was booked at LPD and transported to Walton County Detention Center. His vehicle was impounded and towed from the scene.
- A 28-year-old Loganville man was charged with driving while license suspended or revoked and speeding in excess of maximum limits after he was allegedly clocked speeding at 65 mph on GA 81 Spur near Bay Creek. A check of his license came back suspended. He was booked at LPD and released on a copy of the citation. The vehicle was secured at the scene at his request.
Jan. 15, 2019
- A 40-year-old Grayson woman was charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting after allegedly concealing items in her purse and then taking them through the self-checkout without scanning them. The value of the items was $69. She was booked at LPD and released on a copy of her citation.
Jan. 17, 2019
- A 22-year-old Lawrenceville man was charged with possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce and speeding in excess of maximum limits after he was allegedly clocked driving at 54 mph on Lawrenceville Road in a 35 mph speed zone. The officer reported a smell of marijuana and the vehicle was searched, allegedly located less than 5 grams of marijuana, along with a digital scale. He was booked at LPD and released on a copy of the citation.
- A 39-year-old Loganville man was charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting after he was allegedly seen scanning some large items while holding a candy bar, with a lower cost. He allegedly did this with several items for a total of $153. He was booked at LPD and released on a copy of his citation.
- A 39-year-old Loganville woman was charged with misdemeanor driving without a valid license and failure to maintain line after she was stopped for crossing the center line. She was booked at LPD and released on the copies of her citation.