MFD and WCFR respond to small fire on 2nd floor of Haven Inn & Suites in Monroe overnight

Post Advertisement

Firefighters from Monroe Fire Department were on the scene of a fire on the second floor of the Haven Inn and Suites at 1222 West Spring St. in the early morning hours of Dec. 20, 2018. According to Capt. Jack Armstrong with MFD, firefighters, with assistance from Walton County Fire Rescue, responded to the fire at 4.22 a.m.
“The fire was contained to a small closet on the second floor. Occupants were displaced for about 1 hour before returning to their rooms,” Armstrong said. “The fire appears accidental and is being investigated this morning.”
Fire at the Haven Inn and Suites on West Spring Street in Monroe on Dec. 20 appears to be accidental, according to fire officials. Photo credit: Monroe Fire Department

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply