MFD respond to smoke at the top of a power pole

Monroe Fire Department Battalion Chief Jack Armstrong reports that the crew on the scene near E Church Street this morning is due to smoke at the top of a power pole.

“A squirrel met his fate near 1006 E Church St, which conducted enough energy to cause the top of the pole to smoke. No power is out,” Armstrong said. “(Monroe Utilities) may disconnect for safety to cool down the top of the pole.”

Armstrong said traffic continue to flow smoothly.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply