The City of Monroe reported the following incidents for the period Dec. 28, 2018, to Jan. 3, 2019. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the final part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Dispute, Alcovy St., the officer spoke to two complainants. Both parties advised named subject was playing a video game and yelling at the game. Both parties stated a dispute did not take place.
- Dispute, West Creek Cir., complainant arguing with her boyfriend. Complainant did not wish to speak to the police and her boyfriend was not on location.
- Suspicious Vehicle, Chevron on South Broad, the owner stated that a black male was driving a white SUV in the parking lot. The male changed parking spots several times. A second black male came out of the store and gave the driver a thumbs up. The owner thought he was going to be robbed and called 911. The SUV then drove off and the other male went North on Broad by foot. No contact.
- Threats, 4th St., the complainant called in reference to continuing threats made over Facebook. Supplemental report added
- Vehicle Accident, East Church St., driver ran off the roadway and struck the fence in the back yard on East Church St. causing extensive damage to the fence. During the investigation, marijuana was in the driver’s pocket. Citation issued. Report taken
- Dispute, Perry St., reference to male and female fighting. Warrant to be taken the on male for Simple Battery.
- Dispute, Ash St., male and female were involved in a domestic dispute. Female stated that during the dispute named male struck her in the face and chest with a closed fist. There were no visible signs of a physical altercation nor were there any witnesses on scene. Male subject was gone when officers arrived. Report taken
- Suspicious Person, East Church St./Wall St., made contact with three male subjects. The three stated they were riding their bike from a friend’s on Baron Dr back to 6th St. Consent search of their backpacks was conducted with negative findings with any suspected stolen items.