The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period April 26 – 30, 2019. due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the third part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Stolen Vehicle – Plaza Dr. – ref: Complainant reporting his silver Honda Accord stolen. Vehicle was added on GCIC. Report taken.
- Juvenile Complaint – Alcovy St. Complainant discovered upon animal controls arrival that juveniles on location at Sherwood Drive were not properly being cared for. The juveniles were released to the care of complainant with approval from the juveniles’ parents who were not on location. Children were supposed to be under the care of another individual and did not feel safe on location. DFCS was notified.
- Juvenile Complaint – Reed Way. 15-year-old juvenile disputing with her grandmother. The juvenile attempted to use a knife against her grandmother. The juvenile was taken into custody and charged with Simple Battery and Aggravated Assault. She was transported to Dalton RYDC by night shift.
- Illegal Gambling – Felker Park in reference to a group of juveniles gambling. Made contact with the juveniles, All appeared ok. Juveniles were advised that if they were indeed gambling to stop.
- Dispute – Double Springs Church Rd. – Monroe Area High School. in reference to Individual not being picked up from school. Upon parents’ arrival the school notified MPD of individual stating he was afraid to go home. DFCS notified due to ongoing DFCS case. Report taken.
- Discharging Firearms – Hickory Dr. in reference to caller hearing someone shooting three shots. Requested extra patrol in the area
- Agency Assist – Hwy 138 – Dollar General in reference to assisting a Walton County Sheriff’s Deputy on a call.