The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period Oct. 31 to Nov. 7, 2019. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the final part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Theft/Civil Matter – N. Broad St. Al’s Discount Tire in reference to complainant putting tires onto subjects’ vehicle and was supposed to be paid $150 this week. Remedies advised and contact was made with the subject who advised he will pay him next week.
- Fight – Tanglewood Dr. in reference to subject stating her neighbors were threatening to shoot her and was armed outside with twenty subjects. Contact made with the neighbor who had guests visiting him and stated subject was verbally disputing with them over a parking spot. No threats were made to the complainant and the situation was mediated.
- Sexual Assault – Athens Regional – Complainant reported being sexually assaulted the night before at Marable St. CID responded to the Hospital and continued the investigation.
- Dispute – W. Spring St. at Harry’s Marathon – Complainant was upset over his vehicle being towed after it was left on location for a couple of days.
- Shoplifting – W. Spring St. at Walmart – Two light-skinned black females attempted to steal $479 worth of merchandise. Fled the scene in a white Ford Mustang. Items were recovered and management declined a report.
- Welfare Check – S. Madison Ave. in reference to assisting CID with retrieving a subject from the residence so she could leave with her mother.
- Follow-up – S. Madison Ave. The complainant stated that her medication was missing, and advised her sister may have taken it with her by mistake when removed from the residence by CID earlier this date.
- Stolen Vehicle – Popeyes. Complainant advised dispatch their van had been stolen. Upon Officer arrival, the complainant was not on scene. Employees were not familiar.
- EMS Assist – Southern Brewing. A subject on location asking for medical assistance. Subject suffers from short term memory loss and did not know how he got there. It was determined that he had been dropped off by the Greyhound bus but he was unable to advise where he was going to. The subject was transported to Piedmont Hospital where medical staff was assisting with getting in contact with Georgia Behavioral Health in order to find out where the subject lives. They gave him a bed for the night.
- Threats – Lacy Street; Subject reported his ex-boyfriend would possibly destroy the subject’s apartment. Residence checked and all appears ok.
- Drug Activity – Perry St. / Launius Ave. in reference to a light skin male possibly selling narcotics to passing vehicles. Contact made with the subject at Perry St. who was selling thrift store items out of his friends’ vehicle. Negative on drug activity.
- Suspicious Person – N. Broad St.: Homeless person was sleeping in the bushes at a residence. The subject was given a ride to Hardees by request.
- Damage to Property – W. Spring St.: Met with the complainant who stated he needed a police report due to damage to his vehicle from roadwork by the City of Monroe Public works done on Carwood Dr. in October. Report taken.
- Child Abuse – RidgeView: In reference to a child receiving a broken arm while she was in their care. Social Services is conducting an investigation.
- Theft – Tanglewood Lane – In reference to medication taken from subjects’ vehicle.
- Juvenile complaint – Cook Pl. in reference to callers’ nephew not behaving at school. Wanted an officer to speak with the child. All ok.
- Homeless person – Downtown; Subject was found sleeping on a bench in the downtown area. The subject was put up by FISH at Monroe Motor Inn.
Runaway juvenile – N. Madison Ave. in reference to 13-year-old missing since earlier hours.