The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period April 26 – 30, 2019. Due to the length, this report was split into five parts. This is the final part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Traffic Stop/Foot Pursuit – S. Broad St. at Davis St. Georgia State Patrol attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding, the vehicle fled and wrecked near Walgreens. Driver, Antonio Mercado, fled the scene on foot. Warrant to be taken by Georgia State Patrol.
- Burglary in Progress/Search Warrant – E. Fambrough St. Officers made entry into the residence and detained two subjects. During the investigation, the odor of 38D (drugs) was observed. Joint Ops was called in to assist and resulted in a drug arrest and money seizure after a search warrant was executed. Geshanna Walker and Donquaivian Smith were taken to Walton County Sheriff’s Office on existing warrants out of the county and the drug, gun, and obstruction charges from this incident.
- Domestic – Cook St. in reference Bobby Reed on location causing a disturbance. Bobby was located on Cook Street at Sorrells Street. He was arrested for Aggravated Stalking against Tywanna Durden for a TPO violation. George Harris who was on location was arrested for a fraud warrant out of Gwinnett County. Both were released to the Walton County Jail.
- Suspicious Vehicle on Charlotte Rowell Blvd. Subject parked on the shoulder and went fishing in the nearby pond. Contact was made with the owner and he advised to send subject on his way and not to prosecute him. All 10-4
- Shoplifting – W. Spring St. – Walmart in reference to an unknown male shoplifting items from the store over several days. Driving Burnt Orange Chevy. Report taken.
- Domestic Dispute – Highland Ter. – In reference to a dispute between two subjects over movie times and phone usage.
- 911 Hang Up/Domestic/Arrest – E. Washington St.: Two subjects verbally disputing but were Gone on arrival upon officer arrival. Housing Manager advised they have a Honda Civic and I observed a Honda Civic with the passenger side door open and someone sitting in it. I ran the tag and the registered owner, Bryant Lambright, returned with a warrant out of Forest Park. Lambright was arrested and transported to WCSO.