Overnight vehicle engine fire sets garage alight

Walton County Fire Rescue responded to a house fire at 1215 Highlands Blvd in Walton County at 12:54 am on Nov. 1, 2017.
“Upon arrival crews found a 2002 Ford F-250 pickup truck with heavy flame involvement in the engine compartment of the vehicle. The truck was parked just outside the home’s garage and fire had spread to the exterior of garage,” said Battalion Chief Craig League. “Crews were able to quickly knock down the vehicle fire and keep the flames from entering the house.”
League said the residents were able to remain at the house after the fire was extinguished, and the home was throughly checked by firefighters. He said the cause of the fire was determined to be a shorted extension cord powering an engine block heater on the pickup truck.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply