Congratulations Class of 2020.
The 2020 graduation season at schools nationwide is going to be different this year and no less in our local schools. While everybody is aware of the need to social distance for the greater good, it doesn’t take away the hurt and disappointment of parents and students alike that, at least for now, there will possibly not be the sense of pride in walking across that stage and being presented with that prized diploma. The schools are watching the situation and will postpone if necessary. We share in your fervent wish it will not be necessary.
But in case of a postponement, and pending an alternative date, we would like to help you share in their accomplishments, at least digitally. We are setting up a special 2020 Graduation section on Your Local News. There is no cost for this – just a shared pride in the achievement of the young people in our community.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information about your 2020 graduate.
- Name of graduate
- The school he or she is graduating from
- What are his or her future plans – college attendance, military, career path etc.
- Name of parents or person submitting recognition of the graduate
- Graduate (cap and gown) photo, if you have, along with two others – or 3 photos of your graduate
- Brief congratulations from you to your graduate
- A message from the graduate themselves if they wish to share one of thanks to their parents and/or a message of encouragement to their fellow classmates or teachers.
Make the statements brief – just one or two sentences.
We look forward to sharing your accomplishments with our community.