The Loganville High School State Champion Baseball Team capped off a highly successful season Thursday with no less than six of the team members being signed to colleges. The six athletes, their families and coaches, were on hand for the signing, a photo session and a celebration at Loganville High school on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2017.
The following athletes received this honor.
- Joseph Brandon signed with Georgia State University
- Seth Clark signed with Georgia State University
- Tanner Green signed with Tallahassee Community College
- Gabe Knight signed with Georgia Highlands
- Bryant Pietri signed with the University of North Georgia
- Bay Witcher signed with Troy University
In the lead to this signing, the LHS Red Devils had won the state championship in the spring by beating the Wayne County Yellow Jackets in two games straight in the finals of the 2017 Georgia High School Class AAAAA Baseball finals. The Red Devils shut out the Yellow Jackets 3-0 in Game 1 at Grayson Stadium in Savannah and managed them to hold them to just two runs, winning the second game 3-2 to clinch the title.
Loganville Mayor Dan Curry went on to proclaim, Friday, Aug. 11, 2017, as “Loganville High School Red Devils Baseball AAAAA 2017 State Champions Day in the City of Loganville” at the August Loganville City Council meeting. Curry also unveiled signs, to be placed strategically around the city, noting this an other team successes by the LHS Red Devils.