Smoke reported in Walker Park school early hours of Christmas morning

Post Advertisement

At 12:10 a.m. on Christmas morning, crews from Walton County Fire Rescue responded to a fire alarm at Walker Park Elementary School.

“Upon arrival crews found one hallway with smoke in it. The cause was found to be a HVAC Unit for that hallway. Facilities maintenance for the BOE was on scene and will coordinate repairs over the Christmas break,” said Battalion Chief Craig League with WCFR. “There was no damage to the building or contents.”

Last month, a call out to Harmony Elementary School on a similar report of smoke int he school turned out to be the result of maintenance equipment.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply