Two pets rescued from structure fire in Monroe area of Walton County

Post Advertisement

Walton County Fire Rescue worked a structure fire in a detached garage with an in-law suite at 1690 HD Atha Road on Thursday evening, Aug. 16, 2018. According to Capt. Jeff Allen with WCFR, the detached garage with an in-law suite on the second story sustained heavy damage in the attic.
“Two pets were safely removed from the residence, and no injuries to occupants or firefighters,” Allen said. “No one was home at time of fire.”
Allen said Monroe Fire Department assisted in combatting the fire. We are awaiting an update on what the cause of the fire was.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply