Update: Hot oil on stove causes fire in Monroe apartment

Post Advertisement

Update
Monroe Fire responded to a report of a fire at 729 B Wheelhouse Lane at 7.21 p.m. on Tuesday evening.
“On location was a common occurrence of unattended cooking. The occupant forgot about the hot oil that was being prepared for tonight’s French fries. The smoke detector alerted the mother and daughter,” Capt. Jack Armstrong with MFD said. “Please remember to Always ‘stand by your pan’ and absolutely make sure you have a working smoke detector.”
Armstrong said Walton County Fire and Rescue also responded but was canceled seconds after MFD arrived.
Stove fire in a Monroe apartment on Jan. 15, 2019. Photo credit: Monroe Fire Department
Initial story
Monroe Fire responded to a stove fire Tuesday night, Jan. 15, 2019, in an apartment at 729 Wheelhouse Lane. Officials advise that the fire has been put out. 
Details to follow.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply