Update: Possibly a tiki torch on the porch responsible for fire on Masters Drive

Post Advertisement

Update:

Monroe Fire Marshal RJ Lott said the home that caught fire on Masters Drive is a total loss.

“By the time our crews arrived on the scene the home was fully involved,” Lott said, adding, “Everybody made it out safely.”

Lott said early indications are that it was a tiki torch that was on the porch that was likely responsible for starting the fire.

“It is possible the wind caught it and by the time anybody realized it, it was fully involved,” Lott said. “Once that wind picked up that fire is going run. People don’t realize that with this wind.”

Initial story

Crews from Monroe Fire Department are on the scene of a house fire on Masters Drive in Monroe. Fire Marshal RJ Lott is headed to the scene and will update when details are available.

House Fire on Masters Drive in Monroe, Ga. on May 26, 2019. Contributed photo
House Fire on Masters Drive in Monroe, Ga. on May 26, 2019. Contributed photo

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply