Update: Sprinklers restrict damage at John’s Supermarket

Update

Monroe Fire Department Battalion Chief Jack Armstrong said that the sprinkler system at John’s Supermarket was instrumental in significantly restricting damage to John’s Supermarket this morning. He said what could have been millions in a loss as a result of a fire only caused a few hundred dollars of damage.

“At 9:13 a.m. this morning, Monroe Fire Department and Walton County Fire Rescue were dispatched to a commercial fire at 416 S. Broad St. / John’s Supermarket. Units arrived to find a fire in the bathroom that was extinguished by the fire sprinkler system,” Armstong said. “This was a fantastic example of how important fire sprinklers are.”

Armstrong said the cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty motor in the bathroom exhaust fan. The store was able to reopen after the danger was stopped.

Initial Story

Fire crews are on the scene at John’s Supermarket at 416 S Broad Street in Monroe due to reports of smoke from the restroom and sprinkler system activation.

Details to follow.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply