The Walton County Sheriff’s Office reported the following Crime Awareness Community Alerts for the period Friday, Nov. 1 – Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
Friday, Nov. 1, 2019
Arrest: A 34-year-old Monroe resident was at a residence on Gratis Road of an outstanding Probation Violation warrant out of Walton County.
Extra Patrol: Extra patrol was requested in the area of Moon Road in reference to a report of an ongoing issue with an unknown individual dumping large amounts of logs and tree debris along a property.
Hit and Run: Deputies responded to the area of Whitney Road in reference to a report of an unknown motorist in a white in color Nissan passenger vehicle striking the complainant’s vehicle and fleeing the scene.
Arrest: A 33-year-old Tennessee man was arrested in Gwinnett County in reference to an outstanding Probation Violation warrant out of Walton.
Arrest: A 38-year-old Loganville man was arrested in the area of Rabbit Farm Road for Simple Battery and Driving While Under the Influence following a dispute.
Arrest: A 64-year-old Decatur man was arrested in the area of Highway 81 and Centerhill Church Road for Driving While Under the Influence following a traffic stop.
Arrest: A 49-year-old Sparta man was arrested in the area of Highway 81 and Green Circle for an outstanding warrant out of Walton County and Driving While License Suspended following a traffic stop.
Arrest: A 40-year-old Marietta man was arrested at a residence on New Horizon Drive for Possession of Methamphetamine following a suspicious person call.
Theft Report: Deputies took a report at a residence on New Horizon Drive in reference to complainant reporting an unknown individual taking several items from the residence sometime around 7:00 pm on Saturday, Nov. 2.
Prowler: Deputies responded to the area of Dutch Mill Drive in reference to a reporting of an unknown individual pushing on the complainant’s front door of their residence around 11:00 pm.
Suspicious Person: Deputies responded to the area of Vista Way in reference to a report of an unknown individual shining a flashlight in several cars in the area around 10:00pm. Deputies thoroughly checked the area, but had no contact with anyone
Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019
Arrest: A 42-year-old Monroe man was arrested at a residence on Highway 138 for Obstruction and an outstanding warrant out of Monroe Police Department following a Suspicious Person call.
Theft Report: Deputies took a report at a residence on Highway 278 of in reference to complainant reporting an unknown individual taking multiple items taken from a residence sometime between 12:00 am October 31st and 1:40 pm Nov. 3.
Theft Report: Deputies took a report at a residence on Highway 278 in reference to complainant reporting an unknown individual taking items from the residence sometime around 11:30am on November 3rd.
Burglary Attempt: Deputies took at a residence on River Landing Drive in reference to complainant reporting an unknown individual attempted to enter the complainant’s residence through an unlocked window. Walton County Crime Scene handled the scene of the incident.
• Remove valuables out of sight or bring them inside
• Check your surroundings as you travel to and from destinations
• Look around you and your surroundings when going from point A to B at all times.
• If you have surveillance installed, make sure they are in functioning working order
• Remove mail from mailbox’s soon as possible
• Immediately report to 911 any suspicious activity or vehicles in your area/subdivision
• If you do not have surveillance, installing motion sensor lights can be effective at night
• Do NOT leave your keys in your vehicle
• Close your garage door at night
• While on vacation, arrange someone to pick up your mail and/or packages.
• Track all packages being delivered to your residence and arrange a pick up ASAP.
• Do NOT advertise you are going out of town or leaving for the holidays
• Do NOT open any doors at your residence for strangers or unexpected visitors
• Do NOT give any personal information (example: date of birth, social security numbers, addresses, contact information) over the phone