The Youth Advisory Council advisor for the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential (GCAPP) is looking for new recruits for the 2019-2020 Youth Advisory Council (YAC)! The Youth Advisory Council is composed of a group of young people ages 16 – 24 from across the state that will serve as advocates and provide input on issues facing adolescents, while serving as GCAPP ambassadors for their peers and communities. They are currently recruiting young people from diverse backgrounds and are looking for a young person from Monroe, GA to represent Walton County.
Some responsibilities of the Youth Advisory Council members include:
- Serving a 12-month commitment but up to a 24-month commitment with a performance review at the end of Year 1
- Participating in monthly Youth Advisory Council conference calls and 2 in-person meetings in Atlanta, GA
- Note: Travel stipends are available for members outside of the metro Atlanta area and must be approved in advance of travel.
- Serving as a resource to your peers and community
- Promoting and providing feedback on GCAPP’s TMI GA app and website
- Hosting local community adolescent health events
- Participating in the planning of GCAPP’s Annual Youth Summit by providing insight on GCAPP’s Annual Youth Empowerment Summit (YES); possible opportunities to attend the Summit
- Opportunity to win prizes and incentives
For more information and to apply, visit: https://form.jotform.com/gcapp/yacapplication.
All applications are due by June 28th by 11:59 PM. If you have any questions regarding this great opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.