With the hectic holiday season fast approaching, a quick note to make sure you don’t miss any of WalletHub’s recent holiday studies and reports.
- Kohl’s, JCPenney and Belk are 2017’s Best Stores for Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 62.8%.
- Over 8% of items will be more expensive on Black Friday than they currently are on Amazon.com.
- Books, movies and music will offer the most value on Black Friday 2017relative to their current prices, while jewelry, apparel and accessories are expected to be the worst deals.
- 33% of people plan to spend more than $500 on holiday shopping in 2017 (vs. 37% last year), according to WalletHub’s 2017 Holiday Shopping Survey.
- iTunes, Starbucks and Walmart top the list of 2017’s Best Gift Cards.
- Consumers can save $500+ with one of 2017’s Best Credit Cards For Holiday Shopping.
- Most consumers already have access to little-known credit card benefits that can really come in handy over the holidays, including price-drop protection, extended warranties, coverage for damaged or stolen itemsand travel insurance.
- Roughly 99% of store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you more than 22.22% off your first purchase, according to WalletHub’s 2017 Store Card Landscape Report.
- All of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.