The City of Monroe will begin to re-open city facilities to the public on Monday, June 15, but it will be by appointment only. This includes city hall, police, fire, sanitation and streets department. The City has the ability to provide many of its services virtually through telephone or video meetings and encourages everyone to look at those approaches first.
Applications for new services and bill payment can be made through the drive-thru window at City Hall. Applications can be download at www.monroega.com
Individuals and business representatives that have a need for access to the buildings need to first schedule an appointment through the appropriate department.
The following COVID19 practices will be recognized:
- Individuals that have an appointment will be asked to call the person who made the appointment or the main number at 770-267-7536, to announce that they have arrived
- Individuals will be met and invited to enter the building at the front door
- Individuals will be asked upon entering the facility if they currently have or have run a temperature in the past 24 hours
- Individual will have their temperature scanned upon entering
- Individuals will be asked if they have any symptoms related to COVID19, such as coughing and shortness of breath
- Individuals will be asked if they have tested positive for the COVID19 virus, or if they believe that they have been exposed to anyone who has the virus within the past 14 days
- Individuals who have an appointment will be allowed into designated areas for the purpose of the meeting and expected to depart after the necessary business has been completed
- It is requested that handshakes, welcoming hugs and other forms of physical contact be discontinued until the CDC has determined it is safe to engage in those practices
- It is strongly advised that masks be worn when conducting business and that all individuals practice social distancing while in the facility. If social distancing is not possible, then the use of masks or partitions is required
- Everyone is encouraged to utilize the hand sanitizer that is placed throughout the building after conducting any transaction
If you have any questions or suggestions they can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org