Georgia Gov. Brian P. Kemp today announced that Georgia reached its lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients hospitalized since hospitals started reporting data to the Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency (GEMA/HS) on April 8.
At 986 COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized, Georgia has seen an approximate 12% decrease over the last week with 1,125 patients hospitalized on May 12, and a 34% decrease from 1,500 patients hospitalized on May 1. The numbers given in this report on a daily basis are cumulative.
“Our hospitalization numbers continue to show encouraging signs in our fight against COVID-19, but we must remain vigilant in our efforts to combat this virus,” Kemp said. “I continue to ask Georgians to practice social distancing, follow the advice of public health officials, and protect the elderly and medically fragile.”
At 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19, Walton County reported a total of nine deaths with 166 cases of COVID-19. That is two more cases, one more hospitalization and no more deaths reported in the last 24 hours. COVID-19 information in this report is a snapshot of the situation at this time.
- Cases – 166
- Cases per 100,000 – 173.3
- Total deaths – 9
- Hospitalized – 28
Park Place Nursing Home has had 45 residents who have tested positive with 40 remaining active. The results are cumulative. One is considered recovered at this time and six of the residents who have tested positive have passed away. There also are seven staff members who have tested positive and one staff member who is now considered recovered. In addition 34 of the staff members and 84 of the current residents have tested negative.
The Pearl at Loganville, the memory care building at the Retreat at Loganville, is still reporting four people who had died with COVID-19 and 13 residents who had tested positive. The Retreat at Loganville senior living building continues to report it only has had one positive case.
- Park Place, Monroe – 45 confirmed resident cases, Eight confirmed staff case, seven deaths reported
- The Retreat at Loganville Pearl Memory Care Building – 13 confirmed resident cases, four deaths
- The Retreat at Loganville: one confirmed resident case, no staff cases, no deaths
- Cases – 2,771 2 621 – that’s 150 new cases reported in the past 24 hours
- Cases per 100,000 – 285.3
- Total deaths –114 – that’s nine new deaths reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalized – 540 That is seven new hospitalizations in the last
- Confirmed cases – 38855 – that is 731 more cases reported in the last 24 hours
- ICU admissions – 1,565 – that’s 42 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalizations – 7,076 – That’s 160 more hospitalizations reported in the past 24 hours
- Total deaths – 1,675 – That is 66 more deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
- Total tests – 378,156 – That’s almost 17,000 more in the last 24 hours.
Click or tap on this link for a realtime update of these statistics. Georgians can also find up-to-date information on testing sites and how to schedule an appointment here.