At 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 7, Walton County is reporting a total of five deaths with 148 cases of COVID-19. That is the same as reported yesterday. A total of 22 people from Walton County are reported as hospitalized with COVID-19. No additional deaths are reported in the past 24 hours. Park Place nursing home, however, is reporting a third death and three more cases of COVID-19.
The Georgia Department of Public Health has a new way of report data with updates given in realtime. COVID-19 information in this report is a snapshot of the situation at this time.
- Cases – 148
- Cases per 100,000 – 154:47
- Total deaths – 5
- Hospitalized – 22
On May 7, 2020, Walton County’s long-term care facilities reported Park Place Nursing Home had 23 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in residents as well as one case in staff and three death. The Pearl at Loganville Memory Care building at the Retreat in Loganville is reporting 12 cases and four deaths.
- Park Place, Monroe – 23 confirmed resident cases, one confirmed staff case, three death
- The Retreat at Loganville Pearl Memory Care Building – 12 confirmed resident cases, four deaths
- The Retreat at Loganville: one confirmed resident case, no staff cases, no deaths
- Cases – 2,252 – that’s 30 new cases reported in the past 24 hours
- Cases per 100,000 – 231.89
- Total deaths – 84 – that’s 3 new cases reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalized – 412 – that’s 9 new hospitalizations reported in the past 24 hours
- Confirmed cases – 31,580 – 842 more cases reported in the past 24 hours
- ICU admissions – 1.384 – 32 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalizations – 5,865 – 70 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Total deaths – 1,348 *
- Total tests reported for Georgia right now at 217,303 – That is 13,166 tests reported in the past 24 hours
*This is 21 more COVID-19 deaths reported in the last 24 hours. Click or tap on this link for a realtime update of these statistics.