At 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 9, Walton County reported a total of six deaths with 151 cases of COVID-19. That is no new death reported in the past 24 hours and three new cases reported. A total of 23 people from Walton County are reported as having been hospitalized with COVID-19.
The Georgia Department of Public Health has a new way of report data with updates given in realtime. COVID-19 information in this report is a snapshot of the situation at this time.
- Cases – 151
- Cases per 100,000 – 157.60
- Total deaths – 6
- Hospitalized – 23
On May 8, 2020, Walton County’s long-term care facilities reported Park Place Nursing Home had 23 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in residents as well as one case in staff and three death. The Pearl at Loganville Memory Care building at the Retreat in Loganville reported 12 cases and four deaths. These statistics will not be updated until Monday evening.
- Park Place, Monroe – 23 confirmed resident cases, one confirmed staff case, three death
- The Retreat at Loganville Pearl Memory Care Building – 12 confirmed resident cases, four deaths
- The Retreat at Loganville: one confirmed resident case, no staff cases, no deaths
- Cases – 2,403 – that’s 80 new cases reported in the past 24 hours
- Cases per 100,000 – 247.44
- Total deaths – 87
- Hospitalized – 425
- Confirmed cases – 31,580
- ICU admissions – 1.384 – 8 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Hospitalizations – 5,865 – 124 more reported in the past 24 hours
- Total deaths – 1,401 *
- Total tests reported for Georgia right now at 227,477– That is 7,847 tests reported in the past 24 hours
*This is 2 more COVID-19 deaths reported in the last 24 hours. However, the reports are usually lower over the weekend. It will likely average out on Monday. Click or tap on this link for a realtime update of these statistics.