At noon on Tuesday, April 28, Walton County deaths are now back at three with 104 cases reported. We are awaiting confirmation on whether this was a corrected error in reporting and then a new death was recorded today or if it was an error in recording yesterday, which has now been corrected.
The Georgia Department of Public Health has a new way of report data with updates given in realtime. COVID-19 information in this report is a snapshot of the situation at noon today.
- Cases – 104,
- Cases per 100,000 – 108.54
- Total deaths – 3
- Hospitalized 17
Georgia DPH has been reporting three deaths for Walton County since April 15. It is unclear why this has now dropped to two, but we will update when we get that information.
- Cases – 1573
- Cases per 100,000 – 161.97
- Total deaths – 54
- Hospitalized – 330
- Confirmed cases – 24,551
- ICU admissions – 1,082
- Hospitalizations – 4,778
- Total deaths – 1020
- Total tests reported for Georgia right now at 27,169.
Walton County long-term care facilities have not been updated for today at this time and are still reporting:
Park Place, Monroe – 13 confirmed resident cases, one confirmed staff case, no deaths
• The Retreat at Loganville Pearl Memory Care Building – nine confirmed resident cases, three deaths
• The Retreat at Loganville: one confirmed resident case, no staff cases, no deaths