Fire on W. 5th Street in Monroe causes minor damage to home on Wednesday afternoon

Monroe Fire Department, with the automatic aid from Walton County Fire Rescue responded to a house fire at 133 W. 5th Street on Wednesday afternoon.

“MFD arrived on location to find light smoke coming from the home. The occupant, along with help from two gentlemen walking past, extinguished a small fire in the living area of the home,” MFD Battalion Chief Jack Armstrong said. “Minor damage to the wall was noted. The property owner was quick to assist in clean up.”

Armstrong said the fire is not expected to displace the tenant more than a night.

“The smoke alarm did alert the occupant to the potential hazard,” he said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply