Decatur, Georgia——The Partnership for Community Action, Inc. (PCA) would like to inform eligible clients who live in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton Counties of available funds from the Georgia Department of Human Services to provide assistance with energy bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). A portion of the funds are from the Public Service Commission. Those that are eligible will be able to apply for this one-time CARES assistance payment of either $350 or $400 to help with the high cost of energy bills. Eligible clients may only receive a one-time payment per program year.
July 1st, 2020 – July 31st, 2020 is for households that have not received assistance from either the heating or cooling programs between Nov. 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020. Eligible clients can start scheduling appointments Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at 7 AM.
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19, PCA has temporarily closed all offices. All appointments will be conducted over the phone and should take approximately 10 minutes. We will not be taking any walk-ins.
Beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020 PCA’s LIHEAP Program has added the convenience of scheduling Energy Assistance appointments online atwww.pcaction.org. Due to high call volumes, we strongly encourage clients to use this valuable system.
Households who do not meet the July requirements may apply during the general public period starting: Monday, August 3, 2020.
All potential clients that have energy bills and meet the income guidelines of 60% of the median household income for Georgia, and can provide the following information may apply:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
- Tax returns are not an acceptable document
- Valid ID for all household members 60 years and older.
- A Secure and Verifiable document if needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.