LIHEAP Funds will be available starting April 1, 2021 for through local Non-profit for the 2020/2021 energy season to residents of DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton.
Decatur, Ga. – The Partnership for Community Action, Inc. (PCA) would like to inform eligible clients who live in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton Counties of available funds from the Georgia Department of Human Services to provide assistance with cooling bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). A portion of the funds are from the Public Service Commission. Those that are eligible will be able to apply for this one-time cooling assistance payment of either $350 or $400 to help with the high cost of cooling bills. Eligible clients may only receive a one-time payment per program year.
Eligible clients can start scheduling appointments Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7 AM for Senior Citizens ages 65 and older who meet the 60% median income guidelines. Please note that all adults in the home must be 65 years and older.
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19 PCA has temporarily closed all offices. All appointments will be conducted over the phone and should take approximately 10 minutes. We will not be taking any walk-ins.
Beginning Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7am, PCA’s LIHEAP Program has added the convenience of scheduling Energy Assistance appointments online atwww.pcaction.org or by calling our customer service number at (404) 537 – 4300. Due to high call volumes, we strongly encourage clients to use this valuable system.
Persons who do not meet the April requirements may apply during the general public period starting:
Monday, May 3, 2021.
All potential clients that meet the requirements and guidelines of 60% of the median household income for Georgia, and are able to provide the following information may apply:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment. All household members with no income must be present during the appointment time to complete this form.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
- Tax returns are not an acceptable document
- Valid ID for all household members 60 years and older.
- A Secure and Verifiable document is needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.
Failure to have all required documentation with you at the time of your telephone appointment will delay your assistance.