LIHEAP Funds will be available starting November 1, 2019 for through local Non-profit for FY 2019/2020 Energy Season to residents of DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton.
The Partnership for Community Action, Inc. (PCA) would like to inform eligible clients who live in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton Counties of available funds from the Georgia Department of Human Services to provide assistance with heating bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). A portion of the funds are from the Public Service Commission and H.E.A.T. Those that are eligible will be able to apply for this one-time heating assistance payment of either $350 or $400 to help with the high cost of heating bills. Eligible clients may only receive a one-time payment per program year.
Eligible clients can start scheduling appointments Friday, Nov. 1st, 2019 at 7 AM for Senior Citizens ages 65 and older and those who are medically homebound who meet the 60% median income guidelines. Please note that all adults in the home must either be 65 years and older or medically homebound.
Beginning Friday, November 1, 2019, PCA’s LIHEAP Program has added the convenience of scheduling Energy Assistance appointments online at www.pcaction.org or by calling our customer service number at (404) 537 – 4300. Due to high call volumes, we strongly encourage clients to use these valuable systems in the place of walking in to expedite wait times.
Persons who do not meet the November requirements may apply during the general public period starting:
Monday, December 2, 2019.
All potential clients that heat their homes with natural gas, electricity, propane, wood, kerosene, or coal, and meet the income guidelines of 60% of the median household income for Georgia, and are able to provide the following information may apply:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment. All household members with no income must be present during the appointment time to complete this form.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
- Tax returns are not an acceptable document
- Valid ID for all household members 60 years and older.
- A Secure and Verifiable document is needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.
Bringing copies of these documents, along with the originals, will expedite wait time at application intake.
Our Customer Services phone line 404.537.4300 will be open, beginning at
7:00 a.m., Friday, November 1, 2019 for general questions.
For safety and health reasons, we ask that clients do not form a line outside our service locations before opening hours.