Gwinnett County Board of Commission Chairman Charlotte Nash announced that she would not be running for re-election this year so no matter what the outcome of the current election, it was already known that she would not be in the chair in 2021. As it turns out, the seat was won by Democrat Nicole Love Hendrickson who beat out Republican David Post in what turned out to be part of one of the more rare blue waves in the 2020 Election.
As she prepares to vacate the position, Nash will be in attendance at tonight’s Loganville City Council meeting where she is expected to be honored for her service to the county. A little under 1/3 of the City of Loganville lies within Gwinnett County.
Nash was elected Chairman of the Gwinnett County BOC in a March 15, 2011 Special Election, re-elected in 2012 and again in 2016. Her service to Gwinnett County has been almost consistent for more than four decades. She also worked for the Gwinnett County Government for 27 years for a time prior to her election, first as Director of Financial Services, Budget Director and Grants Manager before serving as the County Administrator for nine years before her 2004 retirement from the County.
The Meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. and will take place in Council Chambers, Loganville City Hall, Lawrenceville Road, Loganville. The full agenda follows.
II. MAYOR AND COUNCIL ITEMS
- Consent Agenda
- Last Month’s Minutes
- Last Month’s Financial Report
- Salomon Real Estate Economic Incentive Request – $9,672.12
- Code Red Invoice – $8,162
- Helmets and Face Shield Purchase – $13,472.00 (Donations / Forfeiture Funds)
- Vehicle Purchase – $107,903.31 -2019 Walton County SPLOST
- Walton County Water Rates – Authority for City Manager to negotiate contract
- 2020 CDBG Paving Project
- 2019 – 2020 LMIG Paving Project
- 2021 LMIG Application Resolution Project Report Approval
- Emergency Repair to 8’ Sewer Main – $34,500.00
- Recognition of Gwinnett County Chairwoman Charlotte Nash
- Johana Alvarado – Miss Georgia North Teen USA
III. COMMITTEE / DEPARTMENT REPORTS
- a) Planning & Development – Chairwoman Lisa Newberry • Zoning Ordinance Amendment re: Planning Commission
• RM8 Zoning Amendment
• Updates / Reports
- b) Finance / Economic Development – Chairwoman Anne Huntsinger
- Citizens Advisory Group Survey Cost and Budget
- Updates / Reports
- c) Public Safety Committee – Chairman Jay Boland
• Recognition of David Sparks – Back the Blue Car Show • Updates / Reports
- d) Public Utilities / Transportation – Chairman Bill DuVall
• Route 16 IGA – Gwinnett County
• Destination Park Infrastructure – 2017 Gwinnett County SPLOST • Updates / Reports
- e) Public Works / Facilities– Chairwoman Linda Dodd • Updates / Reports
- f) Human Resources – Chairman Danny Ford
- Re-adoption of Certified City Of Ethics Designation
- Updates / ReportsVI. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
• Updates / Reports
V. CITY ATTORNEY’S UPDATES / REPORTS
• Updates / Reports VI. ADJOURNMENT
*Denotes Non-Budgeted Items subject to Reserve Funds
The Mayor and Council may choose to go into executive session as needed in compliance with Georgia Law.
The City of Loganville reserves the right to make changes to the agenda as necessary. Any additions and/or corrections to the agenda will be posted immediately at City Hall.