The Partnership for Community Action, Inc. (PCA) announced that it has funds available from the Georgia Department of Human Services to help with heating bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) as well as from the Public Service Commission and H.E.A.T. These funds are available to eligible clients who live in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton and Walton counties.
Those who are eligible will be able to apply for this one time heating assistance payment of either $310 or $350 to help with the high cost of heating bills. Eligible clients may only receive a one-time payment per program year. Appointments are available to all low-income households in the service area beginning March 20, 2017. You can also schedule an Energy Assistance appointment online at www.pcaction.org or by calling the customer service number at (404) 537 – 4300. Due to high call volumes, clients are strongly encouraged to use the online scheduler via the website in the place of calling, or walking in to expedite wait times.
Crisis Walk-ins are accepted Monday – Friday beginning at 7 a.m. at the Covington Highway location while funds are available. Walk-ins will be seen on a first come, first serve basis.
All potential clients who heat their homes with natural gas, electricity, propane, wood, kerosene, or coal, and meet the income guidelines of 60% of the median household income for Georgia, and are able to provide the following information may apply:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment. All household members with no income must be present during the appointment time to complete this form.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
- Tax returns are not an acceptable document
- A Secure and Verifiable document is needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.
Bringing copies of these documents, along with the originals, will expedite wait time at application intake.
Customer Services phone line 404.537.4300 will be open, beginning at 8:00 a.m., Monday, March 20, 2017 for general questions. For safety and health reasons, we ask that clients do not form a line outside our service locations before normal business hours.