Man lifeflighted to Grady Burn Unit Friday after being injured in flash fire

Walton County Public Safety officials responded to a call around 9 p.m. Friday night regarding a burn victim. The call initiated on Bethany Church Road where a resident was reported to have received a burn injury. According to Battalion Chief Craig League with Walton County Fire Rescue, EMS transported the victim to the landing zone at Minerva Beauty, off Highway 78, and then transferred care to the Air Vac Lifegeam helicopter.
“He was taken to Grady Burn Unit. The burns were reportedly caused by a flash fire from pouring gasoline on an already lit fire,” League said.
Burn victim was transported from Walton County by Air Vac Life Team to the Grady Burn Unit on June 16, 2017. Photo Credit: Darrell Everidge
League warned of the dangers of flammable liquids near a fire.
“Be careful handling flammable liquids, especially gasoline, around open flames,” League said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply