The following are the incidents reported by the Monroe Police Department between Feb.10 – 16, 2017. Due to the length, this report has been split into four parts. This is the first part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Warrant, 300 Double Spring Church Road. Monroe Area High School, Warrant on student out of Walton County Sheriff’s Office for theft by receiving. Turned over to WCSO for transport.
- Damage to Property Report, E. Washington Ave., complainant advised a truck backed up into the building causing damage.
- EMS, Gunshot wound, South Broad St., accidental gunshot wound, 24-years-old male subject, was putting 9mm handgun into his waistband when it discharged striking him in the right upper thigh exiting the lower right side of the same leg. EMS transported Cross to Clearview Medical Center for further treatment. The weapon was taken and placed into evidence for safe keeping until owner is released from the hospital.
- Possible burglary, Union St., reference to theft occurring from E. Marable St. from residence of D.O.A. Complainant advised he witness a gray cube van removing furniture from the residence and the van was in SouthSide Mobile Home Park. Officers located the van at Southside MHP. Consent to search was given and no evidence was located on scene.
- Dispute, S. Madison Ave. Senior Center, dispute occurred earlier this date. Negative on any dispute. Call was in reference to someone throwing a cigarette butt out of a vehicle and catching a railroad tie on fire. Put out by male subject. All ok extra patrol requested.
- Dispute, Davis St., Parties already separated occurred earlier this date, complainant verbally disputing with female subject who has an active warrant out of Walton County for probation violation. Female was gone when officers arrived, complainant advised to contact police if she returned.
- Welfare Check, Davis St., the caller daughter advised she was looking for her father and was told he was at this address. Contact attempted for her father. Resident advised they never heard of that person.
- Suspicious Vehicle, Hwy. 78, W. Spring St., complainant advised a white Ford Ranger was attempting to race with him. The vehicle is a 97 Ford Ranger which pulled into the Waffle House parking lot. Negative contact with vehicle.
- Possible domestic problem, Valero N. Broad St., officer noticed two females arguing as he was driving by. Officer turned around to notice the second subject involved leaving the area. Actually was a hit and run. Driver one left the area in a Black Lexus. While waiting for Georgia State Patrol to respond officer noticed the vehicle driving by passing other vehicles headed North on Broad in the center lane. Vehicle was stopped in front of Bojangles. Driver Nicole Armistead detained and later arrested by GSP for leaving the scene of an accident with damage and or injuries. Towing company towed vehicle two and vehicle one was released to husband of Armistead.
- Escort Requested from W. Spring St., complainant requested to be escorted to Etten Dr. to pick up his brothers clothes. Advised to contact his brother’s prior to getting property.
- Theft Report, Woodland Road; Comp advised some items in the back yard were moved in his shed, no theft occurred declined report.
- Juvenile Complaint, Carver Place, Comp advised some kids were playing too close to her vehicle and did not want it damaged, spoke with kids and they changed locations. All ok.
- Speeding auto complainant taken at MPD; complainant stated that a named subject attempted to run her car off the road on Davis Street near Magnolia, no actual accident, report declined.
- Suspicious Person, Oakwood Lane, Complainant advised that two males were sitting on the curb, never seen before. Subjects identified, waiting on a friend but went ahead and left.
- Dispute, Pizza Hut W. Spring; Complainant got cussed out at Pizza Hut after he accused them of leaving a hair on his pizza, advised it was a civil matter, manager refunded complainant his money.
- Suspicious Person, Walmart/Burger King, complainant advised seeing a white female put a black box near Burger King. All ok, familiar with the lady that feeds the city strays. She was gone when officers arrived.
- Domestic problem, Davis Street; complainant advised that his ex-girlfriend broke into his house to catch him with another woman, complainant wanted a report but declined to prosecute. Explained the Temporary Protection Order process.
- Domestic problem, Walton Street; complainant advised he was threatened by named male subject over waking him up. Situation mediated, report requested.
- Stolen Vehicle, Bell Street; complainant advised that named male subject stole his 1992 Honda Accord and scrapped the vehicle. Possible theft/civil matter, report made.
- Domestic problem, Huddle House: black male patron refusing to pay for his food, all ok situation mediated.
- Stolen Vehicle call, Radford Street; Complainant had questions about ownership of a vehicle, negative on stolen, all ok.
- Harassing Phone Calls, Stone Creek Dr; Complainant advised that he received 2 texts from his daughter’s phone number saying that she was suicidal , daughter in Roswell was ok, unknown person attempting to extort money from him.
- Domestic problem, Ford St., Dispute between two females and one male. Male subject had kicked the front door in after female locked him out. Warrants to be taken on male subject for Criminal Trespass. Male subject also has warrants out of Walton County for Probation violation. Male subject was gone.
- Speeding vehicles, Hwy. 138, from Walnut Grove, black Camaro and Gray Mustang driving reckless. WCSO made visual contact with vehicles and they were all ok. Monroe cancelled from call.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.