Monroe PD responded to the following calls between Dec. 30, 2016 – Jan. 5, 2017. This report is split into five parts due to the length. This is the fourth post for this period. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Dispute, E. Marable St. White male and female on location trying to take a dog from the yard. Owner was on location and advised he was familiar with subjects and all was ok. Subjects sent on their way.
- Burglary call, Ridge Rd. Rear window broken. No entry made. Victim advised he was home all weekend and it may have been an accident.
- Damage To Property, Towler St. reference to top lock possibly damaged. Deadbolt was not damaged. Home owner extremely paranoid that someone was messing with her lock. All ok.
- Welfare check at 750 Wheelhouse Ln. reference to juveniles left on location alone. Both A and B were checked with adults on location. All 10-4.
- Shoplifting @ Walmart, Jennifer Scarbrough on location after being Criminally trespassed from all Walmart locations. Arrested for Criminal Trespass.
- Harassment, Tanglewood Ln. Reference to Facebook. Female subject was making threats over Facebook messenger to complainant. Contact made with subject and advised to stop. All ok.
- Dispute Ash Ln – complainant was upset because her brother was telling her to be careful in the rain and that she needed new tires. Situation was mediated.
- Dispute Ash Ln – return to above call, the brother wanted officer to kick his sister out of the house since she does not live there. Sister is visiting her parents who own the house. Situation was mediated.
- Burglary in progress, Landers St – Ref to the resident hearing noises in the residence. Not a burglary in progress, made contact with the resident and all was ok.
- Animal complaint, Etten Ct – Ref to a pit bull at the front door. Dog returned to owner on Etten Ct.
- Domestic problem on Davis St., complainant advised Bianka Jones drove home from WalMart during her lunch break and broke truck window, denied prosecution, Jones arrested for driving back to WalMart without a driver’s license.
- Stopping suspicious vehicle on Hwy. 78 & Aycock Ave., arrested Antonio Galan, driving while suspended, no insurance. Vehicle impounded by towing company.
- Fraud Report taken at MPD Lobby, complainant advised he sold a piece of furniture online and an unknown person that went by Sonia sent a check for $1,860 and in the attempt to gain his bank information. The Check was never deposited. Report taken.
- Found Property, Hwy78 & Unisia Dr., suitcase in the roadway. Complainant out of Oklahoma. Attempting to contact owner prior to placing into evidence. Actual subject is a female subject. Contact made with owner and advised they would pick up suitcase at the Truck Stop. All ok item returned.
- Dispute/Loitering, N. Broad St., contact made with the clerk who advised black male subject who was still in the store was asked not to come back. Subject was asked to step outside and when he did he ran from the location. Pursed subject to Sorrells street and into the woodline. Arrested Milton Jeff. Charged with disorderly. Public Drunk, Loitering, Possession of Marijuana less than an ounce. Turned over to Walton County Jail. Prohibited entry to be completed for J.& B. Food Mart.
- Welfare Check, Sweetgum Dr., complainant’s mother was weak and having difficulty breathing. The mother was turned over to EMS for transport to Clearview. Complainant was concerned over the care being given to his mother by his daughter. Advised of remedies. Mother is already on Hospice Care.
- Suspicious Person, Ridge Road, complainant advised subject was sitting on his vehicle. Subject was gone when police arrived. Negative contact all ok no damage to vehicle.
- Found property, Rite Aid – Rex complainant found a bike and wanted to keep it. The bike was old and not in good working condition. Ran the serial numbers and it did not come back stolen. Complainant information was taken in case someone reported it missing or stolen.
- Domestic Great Oaks Dr – complainant was assaulted by her ex-husband while she was holding their child. Warrants taken for Battery FV and Cruelty to Children (3rd).
- Person struck by vehicle @ E. Marable St/Walton Rd – subject was struck by a vehicle driven by male subject. Subject was wearing all black and on a camouflage bike trying to cross the street. Subject was transported to Athens Regional with cuts and scrapes on his head. Turned over to GSP.
- Threats, W. Tall Oaks Dr – complainant advised that her father called her asking for her address so that he could send her a package. She has a birthday coming up but said that it was strange because he doesn’t know her birthday.
- Unknown, Davis St – Ref to male subject drinking in the area and said that people near the stop sign were causing a disturbance. Male subject was gone when police arrived.
- Domestic on S. Broad St Lot 121 – married couple involved in a verbal dispute. Report made to document the dispute.
- Entering auto on S. Madison Ave – Three male subjects were seen entering vehicles at Grace Monroe. While on scene the black males walked near the scene and one witness advised that they were the subjects. The subjects ran on foot and officers lost contact at Pine Park Apts. Samsung Galaxy Tablet taken. Unknown serial number.
- Domestic on Old Mill Run – Female complainant advised that a male subject took her keys and then disconnected the line. This is not a valid address, searched the area of Walton Mills but could not locate anyone needing assistance.
- Prowler on GW Carver – Benjamin Patman was arrested for DOC, Prowling and Stalking.
- Shoplifting Walmart – Two subjects were suspected of shoplifting. Employees made the stop but determined that they did not have enough to hold them.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.