The following are the incidents reported by the Monroe Police Department between April 7 – 13, 2017. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the fourth part. Please note a charge or arrest does not constitute a conviction.
- Dispute, Landers St., between teenagers over Instagram posts and parents got involved. Situation mediated.
- Burglary, E. 5th St., complainant stated she was out of town for 3 weeks and when she returned home, kitchen window found open and .25 handgun stolen from living room stand. No serial number available. Report taken.
- Dispute, Carver Place, complainant called and wanted a female (name given) CT’d (criminal trespassed) from the property. She stated she is dating a man that is still married to the female and she is being harassed by her. Complainant stated she calls her and stalks her everywhere she goes. She stated she is getting a temporary protection order on Tuesday and wanted her CT’d from her residence to keep her from showing up. Female stated she stopped by to see her mother-in-law and did not known complainant was present. A CT form was filled out, signed by both parties and female left the scene and stated she would not return.
- Traffic Complaint at Alcovy Street /Walker Drive made contact with a juvenile driving an ATV on Mary Street. Child was being supervised and did not observe them in the roadway. Spoke to the parents and they had been watching the child and did not see them go in the roadway.
- Traffic Stop at Booth Drive and Sorrels Street. Juvenile was arrest and released for possession of marijuana and no seatbelt coming out of Cook Place Apts. Juveniles parents arrived on scene and picked up juvenile.
- Dispute, Ridge Road (Skyline Trace Apartments) in reference to two juvenile fighting in the parking lot area. Video was shown to the officers of the fight and one of the juvenile’s mother was seen encouraging the fight.
- Loud Music, Green Street. Caller advised of on-going problem and do not wish to meet with an officer. Area checked with negative contact.
- Harris Street unknown caller called 911. A female subject stated she let an unknown white female use her phone to call police. No contact with the unknown female.
- Dispute, North Broad Street (Golden pantry) complainant stated he was involved in a verbal and physical altercation with female subject. Both parties stated they both spit on each other and hit each other but there was no evidence that any of that existed. Situation mediated.
- Dispute, West Spring Street (Clearview Hospital) People in the waiting room asked to leave and would not leave. Left after staff contacted 911. Everything good on location on police arrival.
- Civil Issue, Hwy 78 (Walton Truck Stop) in reference over the use of a vehicle. Complainant stated she let her friend borrow her car and did not return it in time advised of civil issue. Vehicle was returned. Situation mediated.
- Dog Complainant, Tanglewood Drive. K9 running loose in the area, The dogs were described as a brown dog and white dog. Area checked with negative contact.
- Counterfeit money, W. Spring St. (Sim’s Gas) clerk refused to accept Santa Claus $1.00 bill. Money was valid and a collector’s item. Owner of money still on location and stated they would keep the currency, all ok.
- Arrest and escort from Government Building to MPD (fingerprints) and to Walton County Jail. Shantrell Porter arrested for Forgery and Theft by receiving stolen property.
- Identity Fraud, Pinecrest Dr., complainant stated someone opened a DirectTV account in her name. Not enough information at this time but report taken. Follow up to take place later this date.
- Damage to property @ Zaxby’s. Complainant advised he stayed the night w/ friend who allegedly keyed his vehicle and stole $30.00 out of center console. Advised of civil remedies
- Identity theft report taken at MPD lobby. Complainant advised someone fraudulently used her name to buy two vehicles in Florida. She was advised to contact authorities in Florida.
- Fraud report taken at MPD lobby. Complaint advised that someone deposited a check from Covington Credit in his name. Covington Credit could not advise which bank the check was deposited or date. Covington Credit will call complainant back with info. and then complainant will call us. No report at this time.
- Officers called to Wheelhouse Ln. in regards to caller scared to get mail because neighbors have been making mean comments her. Mail retrieved w/o incident and caller declined report.
- Damage to property report taken at MPD lobby. Complainant advised he had damage to his vehicle and completely unaware of when or where it happened. This is complainant’s 2nd time requesting report from MPD even though he resides in the county. Complainant advised he needs report so his deductible will be $250.00 instead of $500.00. Report taken.
- Dispute, E. Marable St. in regards to three males on location refusing to leave. Complainant advised three white males were fishing on his private pond. Criminal Trespass warnings issued to three male subjects.
- Dispute, Wheelhouse Ln. between neighbors. One family on Wheelhouse Ln disputing with another family on Wheelhouse Ln over calling each other names and Facebook posts. Both families advised of civil remedies, situation mediated.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.