The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period May 8 – 15, 2019. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the final part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Meet With – E. Church Street: Mohammed Alfridi advised he was contacted earlier by his store clerk who said a black male entered the store saying he was with Brinks but his name badge just said Security. Alfridi contacted Brinks and they have no assessments or appointments at this address and Alfridi does not use Brinks. The man had exited the passenger side of a white 4-door dodge truck while the driver remained in the vehicle.
- Agency Assist – Harris St. – In reference to checking a residence for Orlando Police Department in reference to a bomb threat. It was determined that the threat did not come from this address.
- Disturbance – W. Creek Cir.: In reference to Jerome Peters on scene striking his brother with a fist multiple times during a domestic dispute. He was gone on arrival, warrants taken for battery, family violence.
- Theft Report – S. Madison Ave. in reference to complainant reporting a Bluetooth speaker, a pair of boots, and a drill stolen from her shed. Report taken.
- Theft Report – N Broad St – WOW Express. On Monday at approximately 2149 hours, a tan Tahoe can be seen driving through the lot. After a few minutes, the same truck can be seen pulling a trailer with chain link fence. After further investigation, the suspect was identified. Contact was made with the suspect and he returned the fencing. The complainant declined prosecution.
- Juvenile Compliant – S. Broad St. at Spring Street in reference to a juvenile, skateboarding. Contact made with the juvenile. He was warned to stay off the sidewalk.
- Fight – Bryant Rd – Athens Tech in reference to a male fighting with another student on location. Officers made contact with them and one was cited for disorderly conduct and issued a criminal trespass notice. He was released on a copy of the citation.
- Drive-by shooting – Chestnut Ln. Ref to above gunfire call. House littered with bullet holes while two persons were in the residence. Four .223 casings recovered in the roadway. Turned over to the Criminal Investigation Division.
- Accident Unknown – Poplar St. and East Church St. related to above call. Car used in drive-by (Stolen out of Dekalb county) was dumped on Poplar St at the wood line. Located more .223 casings in vehicle. Turned over to the Criminal Investigation Division.