The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period April 26 – 30, 2019. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the fourth part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Warrant Served – Gwinnett County Jail. Olivier Niyungeko was transported to the Walton County Jail on a Monroe Failure to Appear warrant.
- Dispute – S. Broad St. in reference to Frankie Smith and another subject in a physical dispute. The situation was mediated. Frankie Smith was issued a citation for disorderly conduct. Report taken.
- Shoplifting/Fight – S. Broad St. – Chevron in reference to Quintrie Heards being in a physical altercation with staff while shoplifting. Heards was arrested, fingerprinted, and transported to the Jail.
- Discharging Firearms – Oakwood Lane. The complainant stated he heard approximately 10-12 gun shots behind his residence. He stated there have been issues with a group of males consistently cutting through the neighborhood that do not reside there, and people hanging around in the woods behind the neighborhood. Extra patrol requested.
- Traffic Stop – E. Spring St. and Hubbard St. Vehicle stopped for Failure to maintain lane. The subject was placed under arrest for Driving while license suspended. He was fingerprinted and released on copy of the citation.
- Dispute – Red Oak Ct in reference to two subjects being involved in a physical altercation. One subject was Gone on arrival. The dispute was called in by third party by complainant due to one texting him asking for help. She had stated that the subject was making threats to harm himself and was concerned for his safety. She stated that she had slapped the subject several times and stated he was the victim. The officer spoke with the subject over the phone and he stated she had slapped him several times. Aimee Candela was placed under arrest for simple battery family violence. She was transported to Monroe Police Dept. to be fingerprinted and was then transported to the Walton County Jail. Warrants taken. Report taken.
- Animal Complaint – S. Broad St. – CVS. Complainant advised she located two dogs walking around in the roadway. She detained the dogs and was requesting assistance. Walton County Animal Control would not respond due to it being a non-emergency.
- Suspicious Person – at the Shops of Breedlove, Papa Johns. A previous employee was watching other employees from the parking lot. Issued Criminal Trespass Warning for entire property.
- Dispute – Sorrells St. in reference to a subject getting into an argument with his sister. Report taken and forwarded to CID.