The Walton County October Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2023 at the Historic Walton County Courthouse at 111 S Broad St. in Monroe. The public is invited to attend.
The full agenda follows. Click or tap on the highlighted links for relevant information on the individual items.
- 2.1.Pledge of Allegiance & Invocation
- 2.2.Call to Order
- 2.3.Roll Call
3.ADOPTION OF AGENDA
- 4.1.Georgia Military Veterans’ Hall of Fame, Inc. Day
- 4.2.Manufacturing Appreciation Week
- Manufacturing Week Proclamation.pdf (0.01 MB)
5.PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS
- 5.1.Denial of CU23080005 – 241.64 acres for an event venue & variance to regulation that venue be on an arterial or collector road – Applicant: Danielly Farm at Kent Rock LLC – Owner: Julian H Danielly/Julie Danielly Brideau,Trustee – Property located at 5555 Kent Rock Rd. – Map/Parcel C0290022B00 – District 3
- CU23080005 – Danielly Farm.pdf (2.36 MB)
- 5.2.Denial of Z23080001 – 61.44 acres from A1 to A for short term rental and Denial of CU23080004 for an event venue with variance to regulation that venue be allowed on an arterial or collector road – Applicant: Sekhar Thadiparthi – Owner: Bobby Butler II & Bob Butler Trustee/Triple BBB Family Trust – Property located at 1540 Lipscomb Rd. – Map/Parcel C1700047 & 47E00 – District 4 – (Applicant has submitted request for withdrawal of the rezone)
- 5.3.Approval of Z23070021 – 7.91 acres from A1 to B2 with conditional use for outside storage for a landscaping business – Applicant: Advanced Landscape Services, Inc. – Owner: Shelby GT Properties LLC – Property located at 4930 Hwy. 20 – Map/Parcel C0060041 – District 2
- Z23070021 – Advanced Landscape.pdf (1.32 MB)
- 5.4.Denial of Z23070022 – 18.25 acres from A2/R1 to B2 with conditional use for outside storage of boats & RV’s – Applicant: Red Rock Design – Owner: Dennis McMillan – Property located at Pannell Rd. & Poplar St. – Parcel C1670009 – District 6 – (Owner has submitted request for withdrawal)
6.ADMINISTRATIVE CONSENT AGENDA | All items listed below are voted on by the board in one motion unless otherwise specified by the Board
- 6.1.Approval of September 13, 2023 Meeting Minutes
- MIN 2023-09-12.pdf (0.03 MB)
- 6.2.Contracts & Budgeted Purchases of $25,000 or Greater
- BOC Purchases and Contracts.pdf (0.02 MB)
- 6.3.Declaration of Surplus
- Surplus Property.pdf (0.03 MB)
- 6.4.Ratification – Resolution of Property Damage Claims Due to Road Projects – Creek Crossing and Old Zion Cemetery Road
- 6.5.Software Service Agreement – Assurance – Nitorco, Inc. – Tax Commissioner
- 6.6.Suburban Consulting Engineering – Contract Amendment – GIS (Water Dept.)
- 7.1.Project Length Budget for Pavement Sealant Project and FY24 Budget Amendment
8.ACCEPTANCE OF BIDS/PROPOSALS
- 8.1.Access Road – Clearing and Grubbing – WCPSC
- 8.2.Sewer Relocation – WCPSC
- 9.1.County Manager’s Report/Update
10.PUBLIC COMMENT | 3 Minute Limit Per Speaker. To speak at the meeting please follow the instructions outlined at the end of this Agenda.
If you are an individual with a disability and require special assistance at this meeting, please contact our office 48 hours prior to the meeting at 770-267-1301 and arrangements will be made.People wanting to make a Public Comment before the Board of Commissioners must complete the form at the link below and return it to the County Clerk no later than 4:00 PM the day prior to the meeting. You may email, fax, mail or deliver the form.http://www.waltoncountyga.gov/Clerk/Public%20Comment%20Form.pdfFor more information, please contact Rhonda Hawk.