Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services is giving regular updates to responses to weather-related incidents on April 19, 2019. Including in the most recent updates is a tree and power lines that are down on Old Loganville Road, SW. Motorists are reporting that traffic lights on Highway 78 were out in some of the intersections through Loganville from Gwinnett County line through to the Walton County line.
Fire and Emergency Services personnel are continuing to respond to incidents due to the weather. The following is a brief synopsis of the active incidents as of 10:47 am.
- Tree down in roadway on Inglenook, SW in Lawrenceville.
- Tree and power lines down Old Loganville Road, SW in Loganville.
- Tree and power lines down on Flintrock Way, SW in Snellville.
- Tree and power lines down on Ross Road, SW in Snellville.
- Tree and power lines down on Rivercliff Drive, SW in Snellville.
- Tree and power lines down on Temple Johnson Road, SW in Snellville.
- Tree and power lines down on Harmony Grove Road, SW in Lilburn
- Lightning struck a utility pole on West Garner Street, NE in Buford.
- Tree and power lines down on Timberlane Road, SW in Lawrenceville. Crews found a tree blocking the roadway and requested the power company.
- Mountainbrooke Circle, SW in Stone Mountain. Caller advised she was not able to leave her home due to an overflowing creek.